Sunday, March 28, 2010

Clean Spam Email before it gets to your Inbox

“Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.” Satchel Paige

If your inbox is anything like mine, you may be dealing with 50, 100 or more emails each day. In my case, you can find me handling anywhere from 250 to 500 emails each business day. Out of all that email, only a relatively small fraction of them ever reach my inbox.

I've used and tested many systems over the years but I have always come back to my all time favorite, MailWasher Pro. I use it as my front end system. Unlike most of you, I have many email accounts so it is by no means the only system I use.

Before I introduced them to Mailwasher, many of my clients dealt with hundreds of emails with 80+ % of them being spam.

Many users have only one email account and for these people the FREE version of Mailwasher is probably all you will need to prescreen and automatically set for deletion spam email before they ever arrive in your inbox. If you have more than one email account you can download the trial version before deciding if the $30 PRO product is for you or not.

If you run a business with your own Email Server, Mailwasher Enterprise may well be the product you have been looking for. There are solutions other than Mailwasher if you run a business but use another company's email server.

For those that only use webmail, sorry but Mailwasher is probably not for you. On the plus side, many webmail services have great built in spam filtering which can be configured by the user. This could be the subject for a future post.

I will not get into the details of how to configure the product since the help files that come with it do a great job of setting this out. Some of you will never have to read a word since the product is quite intuitive. Of course there may also be some of you that need the help of a certified technician from a company like GEEKS UNLIMITED. (I know.... blowing my own horn again)

I can give this word of advise and say that the best results are obtained by turning off the automatic send/receive function of your email client. You then use Mailwasher as your front end. The fact is, you can read and reply to many of your emails using Mailwasher by itself.


Go ahead and try it out. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment